Sunday 5 July 2009

Some opinions on Windows XP running on the Acer Aspire One

I've been running Windows XP on my Acer Aspire One for a while now so I though I would post some of my thoughts so far.

Windows XP allows me to access some of my favourite software easily, eg Sling player, Itunes etc. without having to worry about using Wine or emulation.
Iplayer runs extremly well on Windows XP on the AA1 better then on Linpus and much better then on Ubuntu and getting ITV player working is easier.

There is one major drawback to using Windows XP on the Acer Aspire One is that Windows doesn't handle writning to the expansion memory card very well and this slows down reading and writing to it, so if like me you intstall applications onto the expansion card they take a while to load, becasue of this issue I am thinking of switching back to Linpus.

But Iplayer does run so well......

No comments:

Post a Comment