Thursday 14 May 2009

How to install Itunes on the Acer Aspire One (running Ubuntu)

For a bit of fun I thought I would see if I could get Itunes to run using Wine.

Wine is available to install from the Synaptic Package Manager, and after it is installed it adds an extra tab to the menu on the left hand side of the screen.

I then downloaded the latest version of Itunes from the apple site, and unfortunately the install wouldn't complete, so I was about to give up.

However I manager to find an earlier version of Itunes for download so I thought I would give it a go, and it looks to work.

After Wine was installed, I downloaded Itunes verion 7.7 from here.
Wine then opened the install file and installed the application, and an Itunes icon was placed in the Wine Tab.


The application loads ok, I haven't yet played with any of the Wine configuration settings so there may be more work to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment